Polish Entrepreneurs Foundation (PEF) is a Szczecin-based organisation present on the market since 1997. It is oriented towards provision of assistance in establishment and development of micro-, small and medium enterprises throughout Poland with a special emphasis placed on businesses from north-western Poland. The Foundation continues the operations carried out by Canada - Poland Entrepreneurs Foundation and offers Polish micro-, small and medium enterprises financial and training/advisory assistance within the framework of the following programmes:
- Regional and Subregional Loan Funds
- Loan Guarantee Programme
- Training and Advisory Programme
Regional and Subregional Loan Funds run by the Foundation offer facilities designed for financing of current and investment operations and early stages of a company development to micro- and small entrepreneurs from the following provinces: Zachodniopomorskie, Wielkopolskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Pomorskie, Lubuskie and Dolnośląskie. Loans of up to 120,000 zloties each are addressed to micro- and small entrepreneurs who do not qualify for traditional bank financing.
TRAINING AND ADVISORY SERVICES
Training and Advisory Programme forms an integral part of the financial assistance provided by the Foundation. It is addressed to entrepreneurs who seek assistance in the general corporate management area i.e. business planning, financial planning, human resource management, marketing, and the European Union assistance programmes.
Who can benefit from the assistance offered by the Foundation?
- Micro-, small and medium enterprises employing up to 250 people with a special emphasis placed on companies employing up to 50 people i.e. the so-called micro- and small entrepreneurs
- Micro-, small and medium enterprises operating in all the industries except for agriculture, armaments industry and any environmentally-hazardous industries
- Micro-, small and medium enterprises with at least 3-month history of operation
Other enterprise assessment criteria:
- Good knowledge of own industry and customers' needs
- Sound strategy coupled with shortage of capital to implement it
- Accurately defined purpose of the financial assistance offered by the Foundation
- Cash flow projections including acceptable sources of repayment
The Goal of the Pomeranus Seed Capital is to increase the number of new businesses based on innovative ideas, technologies or business models in north-western Poland. Project Promoters who are going to establish a new commercial partnership, based on the Innovative Project, operating in the area of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) or bio- and nanotechnology of materials and products can apply for assistance within the framework of the Project.
Amber Business Angel Network connects early stage companies looking for finance with investors seeking investment opportunities in North West Poland. Our operations cover six Polish regions: zachodniopomorskie, pomorskie, kujawsko-pomorskie, wielkopolskie, lubuskie i dolnośląskie. Our network provides services that prepare both companies and investors to effective presentations, negotiations and result in investment agreements.
Loan Guarantee Programme is addressed to micro-, small and medium entrepreneurs who have applied for a bank loan or a soft loan from PEF Loan Fund, but cannot provide sufficient security. Within the framework of this Programme, and on the Foundation? initiative, POLFUND Loan Guarantee Fund S.A. has been established. The key objective of the Fund is to grant guarantees and, consequently, enable small and medium enterprises to obtain a bank loan. Moreover, PEF is a shareholder of Zachodniopomorski Regional Loan Guarantee Fund offering loan guarantees to micro- and small entrepreneurs.